Marriage in Sweden
Since 2009 Sweden possesses a gender neutral relationship regulations, whichimplies that exact same sex couples may receive wed under the exact same problems as contrary sex married couples. As a foreign resident without residency in Sweden you can, in many cases, additionally acquire wed in Sweden.
Requirements and also treatments when marrying
You wear’ t need to stay( possess residency) in Sweden or possess aswedish womencitizenship to obtain married in Sweden. If neither of the two possess Swedishcitizenship or even post degree residency in Sweden, they need have post degree residency (or one possess citizenship and also the various other one have residency) in a nation where same sexual activity collaboration or even relationship is lawful.
Inquiry in to inhibitions to marital relationship
Before a pair may wed, the SwedishTax Obligation Firm (Skatteverket) should carry out a questions right into restraints of relationship (hindersprövning). Bothmust file a written ask for to the SwedishTax Obligation Firm. Application, however just in Swedish, may be located at the Agency’ s website.
According to Swedishregulation, the complying withare taken into consideration restraints to relationship:
- being under the grow older of 18 (the County Administrative Panel (Länsstyrelsen) can approve an exemption from this rule)
- being wedded or signed up as companion to an individual besides the one you are about to wed
- being closely pertaining to the person you’ re heading to wed; a linear straight ascendant or even offspring or a total brother or sister. Used siblings are thought about full brother or sisters due to the regulation, but may acquire approval to get married to coming from the County Administrative Panel, to get married to.
When the SwedishTax obligation Company has produced the concern you get a certification presenting that the query is actually completed and, if all goes well, a relationship certificate. The certificate holds for four months coming from the time of accreditation. The certifications are actually to be provided to the main carrying out the marriage.
Foreigners certainly not residing in Sweden
If the couple are foreigners certainly not residing in Sweden, they may simply obtain married if eachof all of them possess a legal right to wed or even register an alliance according to the regulation of the condition were they possess post degree residency or even citizenship. It’ s enoughif eachof all of them have residency, or even some of them has citizenship as well as the other one possesses post degree residency, in a nation were actually the couple possess a legal right to get married to or sign up a partnership.
If among the them is a sweden mail order brides citizen or have post degree residency in Sweden, they might wed in Sweden even if the some others spouse possesses residency or even citizenship in a nation were it’ s prohibited for same-sex couples to acquire married/register a partnership.
The person without an official hookup to Sweden need to (in connection withthe entry of the composed request for a query right into inhibitions of marriage) create a personal visit to a Tax obligation Agency workplace to supply relevant information concerning place of birth, native land, citizenship, sex, relationship status as well as, if needed to have, provide a deed of splitting up or even a fatality certificate of a past companion.
In scenarios where none of the prospective spouses possess a professional relationship, bothof them must submit either:
- a marital relationship certificate issued by a qualified authorization in their condition of citizenship or even residency, or
- a certification showing the applicable rules of rule in eachof their conditions of citizenship or even post degree residency and also a certificate revealing their marital standing. The certificates are actually merely authentic when given out by a skilled authority in the condition to whichthey relate, or even througha seasoned home authorization in Sweden (suchas a consular office or other comparable authorization).
None of the certificates might be more mature than four months.